2021 Meetings Speaker/Activity Topic for Discussion
January 22nd Dr. Rob Allison Water Sensitive Urban design
February 26th Jane Brook Fleurieu Regional Waste
March 26th Christine Graham Experiences of a Rep in Retail
April 23rd Glenn Williams Signifcant Trees and Treenet May 28th Paul Dipuglia Neutrog
June 25th Steve Walker Frogs
July 23rd Maurice Kneen All things bees (Cancelled)
August 27th Lyn Collins Ferns
September 10th Coach Trip Pangarinda/Motor Sports Park/Nurseries
September 24th Gerg Kirby Gardening with Native Grasses
October 5th 100th Anniversary of the Strathalbyn Show
October 9th Cavalcade of Gardens
October 22nd Bloom Competition
November 26th End of Year Celebrations
This month's Meeting - Friday 24th September
Please adhere to our Covid-19 plan
• Social Distancing at all times
• Do Not attend if you are unwell
• Do not attend if you have been in contact with anyone who has travelled or been in contact with anyone who has
tested positive to COVID 19.
• Use hand sanitiser frequently
• Members are encouraged to bring your own mug for morning tea rather than use a single use disposable mug.
• Cough into your elbow not your hand • NO HUGGING or SHAKING HANDS—keep your distance.
• We will be required to sanitise all the surfaces we touch and cleaning products will be supplied.
• A COVID plan is in place and we have nominated COVID Marshals.
Any questions contact
President Norma Keily 8536 6276, mob. 0416 173 573,
The Club's average attendance pre COVID-19 at its monthly meetings was 90. This from a total of 150+ financial members. In a town of Strathalbyn's size, these are very pleasing figures indeed!
The initial cost to become a new member of the Strathalbyn Garden Club is currently $20, which comprises $10 for a year’s membership subscription, plus $10 joining fee. Continuing membership is then $10 per year thereafter, due at the Annual General Meeting held every June of each year (the Committee reserves the right to alter any future membership fee at the Annual General Meeting in the interests of the welfare of the Club).
If a member is planning to be absent for a significant time, they are encouraged to pay their subscription for the coming year in advance. This will eliminate the need for them to have to pay the additional joining fee if their membership expires while they are away.
The annual membership subscription is kept at a nominal sum as it is subsidised by a Raffle, a Donation Table, a Sellers’ Table and various other fundraising activities.